Yoga Guru Amrta Súryánanda Mahá Rája's Kumbha Mela Openning Session Speech
at the Invitation of Pundit Radeshyam Mishra
- We salute the extraordinary city of Ujjain / Avantika, and the Organizers of this Magnificent Event, especially Pandit Shrí Radeshyan Mishra, as well as the Holinesses, Mahá Guru, and all those present here.
- Ujjain, city of one of the four Kumbha Mela, the Simástha Kumbha Maháparv, and one of the sacred Sapta Purí, and one of the twelve Jyotir Lingam – Mahákaleshvar (the Lord of Time);
- Ujjain is placed exactly on the Tropic of Cancer (a little more than twenty three degrees of North latitude), and was constituted as the First Prime Meridian in the History of Mankind, over one thousand and six hundred years ago!!
- It is the city of one of the five Jantar Mantar; and it was the Capital of the Kingdom of Málava.
- Ujjain housed and inspired: Lord Krhsna (and Sudhama), Matsyendra Nathá Siddha, Goraksha Nathá, Ádí Shankara, and the great Kalidas.
- It was in Ujjain that the great mathematician and astronomer Brahmagupta was installed to, in the VII Century, revolutionize forever the world of Science in the seventeenth century.
- Brahmagupta is inserted in the Tradition of the Great Scientists of India (and is the precursor of the Greatest Mathematician of all times – the famous Ramanujan)
- Bhramagupta spread the concept of zero, among other mathematical achievements; and he calculated for the first time – and with precise accuracy – the Earth’s diameter and the distance from the Earth to the Sun, and from the Earth to the Moon.
- This perspective of our Planet integrated in the Universe, of the Mahá Shakti, and to stimulate the understanding of the Human being’s Cosmic Dimension, and his Greatness, which the Knowledge of Bhárata gives us constantly, through, for example, the Sámkhya, and through the Practice of Yoga.
- Thus inspired by the Great India, in the last fourteen years – since two thousand and two – we brought to the whole Planet the concept of the International Day of Yoga – the first Global Day of Humanity, on June 21st, Solstice, which is a Cosmic Auspice.
And which the Prime Minister Shrí Narendra Modi made Official at the United Nations in 2014, December,
We were present at that General Assembly in New York, which approved by Consensus this Yoga Day.
- This Day intends for Yoga to be included in the School’s curricula of the Youth worldwide.
- Yoga teaches us: Ahimsá – not to kill, non-aggression, to be kind,
It teaches us Satya – Truth; to maintain and exponentiate Health and leads us to Samádhi – intellective enlightenment and to Liberation.
- Ujjain – in the Prakrti Language is a Universal Garden, vitalized by the Sacred – Holy Kshipra Nádí.
- May the Sacred Cosmic Forces topped by the Sun, the moon, by Jupiter, the Leo Constelation, and the Milky Way, bee in you, when, at the Ram Ghat you bathe yourselves in the Kshipra – savoring and assimilating the mighty Blessings of the Kumbha Mela;
And may they make all of us, truly, better persons.
- Ujjain / Avanti Purí/ Padma Vati – is the Mánipura Chakra of the Planet
- The Silver City of Ujjain is today a vibrant metropolis, facing the future, thanks to the constant, and intense work of all of you.
- The Capital of Ujjain – needs and deserves an airport.
- Let us all combine our efforts for this to happen
Om Namah Shiváya